Baldur’s Gate Trilogy - WeiDU (BGT-WeiDU) Tweakpack
al17 (Italian translation)
Anomaly (French translation)
Ascension64 (coding, distribution)
Folmi (Polish translation)
Gemini82 (Italian translation)
Ghildrean & Immortality - www.clandlan.net (Spanish translation)
iopden (Russian translation)
melkor_morgoth75 (Italian translation)
roclord (Simplified Chinese translation)
web2air (Korean translation)
weigo (German translation)
BGT-WeiDU version 1.01 or above is required for BGT-WeiDU Tweakpack to be installed.
This modification is the offspring of existing patches in pre-ZETA versions of Baldur’s Gate Trilogy-WeiDU 0.99. It was decided that tweaks should be separated from fixes in order to keep BGT-WeiDU more faithful to the original Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Therefore, this package was borne to address the issues in the original Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast that were thought to be lacking.
1. Eldoth reminds of Skie’s ransom: Eldoth periodically reminds the player when to collect the ransom money for Skie, to save you forgetting to collect your money.
2. Angelo notices Shar-teel: Father and daughter relationship saves the day when the party is captured by the Flaming Fist.
3. Finishable Kagain caravan quest: Finding the son of Duke Entar Silvershield is not a futile wander unless the player waits too long...
4. Tougher Sarevok and Semaj: The fight with Sarevok is now much harder with new custom items on Sarevok and Semaj. Look out when you get there!
5. Major locations explored upon visit: Baldur’s Gate, Beregost, Candlekeep, Nashkel, and Ulgoth’s Beard begin fully explored.
6. Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1: Just like in Shadows of Amn, bears encountered in the Sword Coast will do no more than growl if a Druid and/or Ranger is nearby.
7. Happy patch: Help NPCs find their inner happiness and party harmony... by making sure they never get annoyed by the party’s reputation!
8. Import more items into Shadows of Amn: This tweak allows the importation of the following items from Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast to Shadows of Amn - Greenstone Amulet, Wand of the Heavens, Ring of Protection +2, Cloak of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Eagle Bow, Shadow Armor, Boots of Stealth, Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Light Crossbow of Speed, Ankheg Plate Mail, Cloak of Non-Detection, Ring of Wizardry, Full Plate Mail +1, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Ring of Holiness, Cloak of Balduran, Ring of Fire Resistance, and Ring of Freedom. Please note that importation of these items WILL VERY LIKELY make Shadows of Amn much easier than usual, and as such installation of this component can be considered a cheat.
9. Random activated traps in the pirate cave: Ever thought that tromping around in the cave guarded by Sil’s and her sirines was too easy? This component randomly activates existing inactive traps so that you will never know what to expect each time you re-install this component, unless your stupid thief disarms them all! Note that this component will have no effect if you load a save game where you had already visited the pirate cave before. There are two options for this component:
- Install-time randomisation: Different traps are set every time you re-install this component
- Game-time randomisation: Different traps are set every time you first enter the pirate cave in your game
10. Bags of the Sword Coast: No, not scum, but containers. This component makes it easier for you to carry around your priceless gems, scrolls, ammo, potions, and whatever-you-wants with the space of just one inventory slot. But first, you will have to find them.
11. Altered spawns: This component is suitable for those who do not like the current BGT-WeiDU method of fixed random monsters. There are two options for this component:
- TuTu-style levelled spawns: Random monsters appear depending on the level of the player. This component is similar to the spawns used by TuTu v6 beta (permission from Ghreyfain)
- Deactivate BGT-WeiDU spawns: This removes random monsters in main areas altogether. However, random encounters in discrete areas still occur when travelling
12. Arkion reacts to player’s reputation: This minor tweak simply prevents Arkion from asking a high reputation character to fetch a corpse for him from the sewers.
13. Coran responds to the death of a wyvern: This component restores original unused dialogue reminding the player to return the wyvern head to the Temple of Lathander for a reward.
14. More bandit scalps: Please sir, can I have some more? MORE?!?!? You know, those dirty bits of skin that form the upper part of the head? More bandits shall have them when you install this component.
15. Remove item shattering: For those people who just hate it when their items shatter as if they were made of talc, this component prevents shattering of all items.
16. Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves: The Salk special (a forum member) decrees the mages and thieves must not look like bare skulls, and should wear hoods to make them look like the Emperor from Star Wars. Yes, females too! Well, eureka, here it is!
17. Salk’s Pen-and-Paper ruleset corrections: Yet another Salk special; this time in the correction of thieving modifiers by race, and ranger modifier to the Move Silently skill.
18. Import all NPCs into Shadow of Amn: If any stock Baldur's Gate NPC is in the party and is not dead, then they will be imported into Shadows of Amn. Simple as that. However, some of them you will have to find... (this component is incompatible with The Darkest Day, Tortured Souls, Never Ending Journey, and Xan NPC)
1. Extract BGTTweak_v6.rar to your BGT-WeiDU installation directory
2. Run Setup-BGTTweak.exe and follow the on-screen prompts
3. If a previous version of BGT-WeiDU Tweak pack is installed, simply re-install the component. Re-installation will not invalidate any existing save games
4. Compatibility: Compatibility checks are implemented for the modifications ‘Ease-of-Use’ and ‘BG1 NPC Project’. For these checks to be active, ensure that this modification is installed after those mentioned
NOTES FOR TRANSLATORS
To translate BGT-WeiDU Tweak pack into a different language, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to your Baldur’s Gate II Shadows of Amn installation directory, and switch to the BGTTweak\Language directory
- Create a copy of the English directory and rename it to the language you wish to translate to, e.g. English -> Espanol
- Enter your renamed directory and open up setup.tra
- For every line starting with the @ symbol followed by a number then an =, translate all text in between the two ~ or " symbols, e.g. @1001 = ~English~ -> @1001 = ~Espanol~ or @-1001 = “English” -> @-1001 = “Espanol”
- You may translate this readme.htm file also if you wish, but you do not need to translate this particular section
- Package your renamed directory and readme file, then either post the file on the Spellhold Studios forums (http://forums.spellholdstudios.net), or send a private message (PM) to Ascension64 at the Spellhold Studios forums, who will give you an e-mail address to send to
- Expect the language to be included for the next release
Version 6 (17 Feb 2007)
- Added Spanish translation
- Corrected checks for the BG1NPC Project
- Updated to BiggDU v198
Version 5 (25 Dec 2006)
- Added component ‘Import all NPCs into Shadows of Amn’
- Added component ‘Salk’s Pen-and-Paper ruleset corrections’
- Added Korean translation
- Added Polish translation
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Updated to BiggDU v197
Version 4 (8 July 2006)
- Added compatibility check for ‘Coran responds to the death of a wyvern’
- Fixed a bug where the Ring of Wizardry ‘Evermemory’ was not imported correctly in the component ‘Import more items into Shadows of Amn’
- Fixed a major bug with hooded unarmoured thieves not working
- Fixed a major bug with removal of item shattering not working
- Corrected typo in the author name 'melkor_morgoth75'
Version 3 (16 March 2006)
- Added compatibility checks for various components
- Added component ‘Altered spawns’
- Added component ‘Arkion reacts to player’s reputation’
- Added component ‘Bags of the Sword Coast’
- Added component ‘Coran responsds to the death of a wyvern’
- Added component ‘Give Vax and Zal bandit scalps’
- Added component ‘Hooded unarmoured mages and thieves’
- Added component ‘Random activated traps in the pirate cave’
- Added component ‘Remove item shattering’
- Added French translation
- Added Italian translation
- Added Russian translation
- Component ‘Tougher Sarevok and Semaj’ now allows importation of Semaj’s cloak into Shadows of Amn
- Fixed a bug where Angelo would appear in the prison even if Shar-teel was not in the party
- Updated to WeiDU (BiggDU) v190
Version 2 (5 January 2006)
- Added component ‘Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1’
- Added component ‘Happy patch’
- Added component ‘Import more items into Shadows of Amn’
- Component ‘Tougher Sarevok and Semaj’ installation made more dynamic
- Corrected umlaut display problems during installation
- Corrected WeiDU display messages regarding re-installation
- Fixed a bug where Kagain shows erratic behaviour when the party finds the caravan
Version 1 (10 December 2005)
- First release